Tomorrow is Valentines Day! These puff pastries make the perfect Valentines Day themed breakfast! They are so simple to make, look adorable, and taste even better!
All you need is:• 1 box of Pepperridge Farm Puff Pastry (there are two pastry sheets per box)
• 1 egg
• Cool Whip (optional)
That is it! How simple is that?
How to make:• Heat oven according to package directions.
• Roll out both sheets of pastry dough on a floured surface.
• On the first sheet, spread as much Nutella your heart desires. (You could substitute for cream cheese or strawberry jelly if Nutella isn’t your thing.)
• On the second sheet, I used a pizza cutter to slice down the center and across 5 times giving me a total of 10 rectangle slices (this varies depending on how big of slices you want to make).• In the center of each slice, do your best to cut out a heart shape (a heart-shaped cookie cutter would be ideal, but a knife will work just fine). Carefully place slices on top of first pastry sheet to create a sandwich.
• Once the two sheets are together, follow your lines with the pizza cutter to form individual sandwiches. Use a fork along the edges to squish the two crusts together until closed.
• Mix the egg with a little water to create an egg wash and generously brush on top of each pastry then bake according to package directions.
• While pastries are baking, cut strawberries in half (after cutting tops off). Once halved, cut a small triangle in the center at the top to form a strawberry heart. Set aside.
• Once finished, let pastries cool for about 5 minutes, then place one strawberry heart in each heart hole. Serve remaining strawberries on side (with or without some Cool Whip).